Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Black Box.

Watching The Holiday for the third, or maybe the forth time, made my whole being feel again. I await the Christmas season because it's my favourite season and time of the year. I remember that there is joy, when circumstances disallow.

"I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you.

And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends. You still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the (world) for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door.

And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff - Those years of your life that you wasted. That will eventually begin to fade."

- Iris (Kate Winslet)

The beauty of relationships lies with people. It lies with people.

Watching Raise Your Voice for about the fourth or fifth time was heart wrenching but inspirational. It gave me a voice, a slight glimmer of hope in a generation so corrupted. It's true. Not forgetting a song that reminds me that God has His eyes set on me. It made me hope again.

"I can't imagine what you're going through, but I do know from experience backing down can become a way of life. I mean do your own thing, on your own terms, and get what you came here for. That's what counts."

- Jay Corgan (Oliver James)

Thanks to Brother Yeo, I've grown to become very fond of The Biography Channel. By the way, it's channel 95 for those who have cable. Two specific shows: "Little Big Dreams" and "The Mummy Diaries".

Little Big Dreams speaks of great dreams. I could identify because it was a documentary on young ones in China, striving to be world-class gymnasts. They strive for the Olympics, for the championship. They are left at the training school at an age as young as 5. They train their guts out, to live up to the expectations of their families. They carry burdens. They carry dreams.

How, just how do they do it?

The Mummy Diaries, is what I call my 'momo' show. Nicky knows why. But really, it's tear jerking. The whole series documents the lives of 5 Mothers, who battle terminal illnesses. And the show helps not just the Mothers come to terms with their conditions, it helps the other family members forge better relationships and connections while time permits. These mothers create memories for their children, for a future they'd never be able to witness. It tears them apart. I know for sure that it'd tear me apart if I were in their shoes.

This is why I don't detest sitting in front of a black box. Because I learn.

My heart and being responds to what my eyes see.

I've always loved being like my Mom, because she's really, the best. So is my Dad. They might not know this but they've taught and inspired me to live loud and to live right. So if anyone says that I remind them of my Mom or my Dad, I'd gladly say Thank You :)

Before I go, God, this one's for You :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home